[SOLVED] Hdd is not booting

dhal277

Reputable
Nov 7, 2019
My friend ask me to help him troubleshooting, but I'm stuck with this issue. He has an Asrock H61M/U3S3 motherboard with an older Seagate 1TB drive, the hdd was working fine without any issue till last sunday. Now it's not booting and somethimes it is not visible in bios. If the HDD in plugged in (sata+power) I can't acces the bios. I tried to boot with my test ssd, and it worked fine, but I was not able to use both devices. If the ssd is connected the HDD won't show up in the bios or in the sata drive list.

Sata settings were on IDE mode in the bios, I tried to switch to ACHI but didn't helped.

Is the HDD dead? Any possible way to recover the data from it?

any help appreciated

Solution
My friend ask me to help him troubleshooting, but I'm stuck with this issue. He has an Asrock H61M/U3S3 motherboard with an older Seagate 1TB drive, the hdd was working fine without any issue till last sunday. Now it's not booting and somethimes it is not visible in bios. If the HDD in plugged in (sata+power) I can't acces the bios. I tried to boot with my test ssd, and it worked fine, but I was not able to use both devices. If the ssd is connected the HDD won't show up in the bios or in the sata drive list.

Sata settings were on IDE mode in the bios, I tried to switch to ACHI but didn't helped.

any help appreciated
Remove the hdd from the pc.
Install a new hdd or...

any help appreciated
Remove the hdd from the pc.
Install a new hdd or better yet a ssd.
Install windows.
Connect the old hdd via usb and see if you can access it.

Solution