Question HDD issue

May 12, 2021
Dear troubleshooters, I think I might have done a mistake. Three months ago, I built a computer, and it used to work just fine, but today I decided to add an extra HDD into it, and here is my problem:

When I power my computer on, nothing comes up on screen, no matter if only my old, only my new, or both HDDs are plugged in. My keyboard and mouse light up, the cpu fan spins but the gpu fans doesn't. I mean it does, but it stops a second after powering up the computer. I also noticed that no matter how long I let the computer running, it shuts down instantly when I press the power button a second time (I believe it means Windows didn't load). Both hard drives had Windows installed on it.

Here is what happened in details:

After I installed the second HDD with the first one already installed, the computer didn't want to show anything on screen. So I unplugged it, and then it worked again. But I needed this extra storage, so I unplugged my first HDD and put the second one only. Again, nothing, which is awkward because when my friend gave it to me, it was working. I plugged the two together again, and let it run for a few minutes to see if the booting time wasn't just super long. After like 5 to 10 minutes, I heard a fan spin really loud for like a second and then stopped. I didn't see which one it was. After that, I pressed the power button to shut it off, and it shut down instantly. I tried to power the computer with only my old HDD, and this time nothing came up on screen. I am stuck here now.

If that can help, here are my specs :

MBD : MSI H410M-A Pro
CPU: Intel Core i5-10400F
GPU: ASUS dual RTX 2060 6Gb
RAM: Corsair LPX 2x8Gb 2666 MHz
First HDD: WD caviar blue (640Gb)
Second HDD: Seagate Barracuda (500Gb)

I'm pretty sure I broke something, but I don't know what. Please let me know if you have any ideas what component I need to replace or how can I fix my issue.