Hdd light change to power light

Doomguy_90

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
I got my new pc last friday and it works fine but the power led on the fractal case is showing hdd activity. How do i change from flashing hdd light to a solid power light?

My motherboard is a gigabyte z270 k3 and the case is a fractal design r5 define.

Solution
You should just be able to move the wires on the front panel I/O as in the pic. Normally the leads are labelled on the wires coming from the case so they may have just been installed incorrectly.

MnUGtGG.png

In this pic, the blue area is for the HDD activity and the purple area is for the power LED. Plus to plus, minus to minus. Obviously, this should not be done while the system is powered on. Make sure it is shut down and as a precaution I recommend draining the caps on the board by holding the power button down while the PSU is turned off.

HamBown81

Commendable
Aug 3, 2017
You should just be able to move the wires on the front panel I/O as in the pic. Normally the leads are labelled on the wires coming from the case so they may have just been installed incorrectly.

MnUGtGG.png

In this pic, the blue area is for the HDD activity and the purple area is for the power LED. Plus to plus, minus to minus. Obviously, this should not be done while the system is powered on. Make sure it is shut down and as a precaution I recommend draining the caps on the board by holding the power button down while the PSU is turned off.

Solution