Question HDD makes the table vibrate

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
I'm pretty sure that its the HDD as the vibrations stop when I put the PC on sleep (Fans Still Spin).

I tried putting rubber between the screws, no luck. I tried everything. Even loosening the screws didn't work.

HDD is a WD Blue 7200 RPM 1 TB, bought 5 months ago.
Case is ANT esports 130 ag.

if your HDD was vibrating enough to make the entire case and the table shake than there is definitely a problem with the drive.

you can remove the drive from the bay and just have it sitting outside of the case with it's SATA & power cables still attached.
when running this way do you notice it vibrating\shaking while in use?

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
if your HDD was vibrating enough to make the entire case and the table shake than there is definitely a problem with the drive.

you can remove the drive from the bay and just have it sitting outside of the case with it's SATA & power cables still attached.
when running this way do you notice it vibrating\shaking while in use?
Yup it still is.

Time, I think, to contact WD for a rma replacement.
A slight vibration when active is normal.
Shaking with nothing going on suggests an unbalanced drive that should be replaced asap.
Try to backup what is on the drive asap.

If you do not have a ssd, I would replace with a ssd regardless.

Jacob 51

Notable
Dec 31, 2020
Time, I think, to contact WD for a rma replacement.
A slight vibration when active is normal.
Shaking with nothing going on suggests an unbalanced drive that should be replaced asap.
Try to backup what is on the drive asap.

If you do not have a ssd, I would replace with a ssd regardless.
Hey. I placed another screw on the HDD cage as there was screw only on one side and now It doesn't make the slightest of vibrations