Hdd may have failed?

minecraftiosif

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
I had a problem with my pc. While it was loading a map on cs go it crashed and i only could stop it by switching off the power supply switcher.
After restarting it took a while to load windows and only to tell me something like that was a problem with a storage or sth like this.
Anyway i tried repairing it from a windows usb by bios and when it finished i got a blue screen which told me "There was a problem with a device connected to your pc.
An unexpected I/O error has occured
File: Boot/BCD
Error code:0xc00000e9
The problem can happen when a removable storage device is removed while is in use or is failing .. etc"

So now i think my hdd has failed because i could hear it very loud working while loading maps in game and it is very old, (i upgraded an old pc but haven t got money for a new hdd so i kept the old one).
So can anyone confirm that the hdd has failed or is it other problem?

Solution
It's certainly possible it's the HDD, but it's a little early to tell.

It could be a corrupt boot partition, driver issue, or failing hardware. All that error is really saying is, essentially, there was a communication error between your BIOS and hardware.

I would attempt to use bootable install media to "repair" your OS, followed by a health check of the drive.
Each manufacturer of HDDs have their own diagnostic utilities, and there are other programs available too.

If the drive checks out as healthy, then I'd look to remove/reinstall drivers.

Did you clean install your OS when you moved your HDD from the old to new desktop?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It's certainly possible it's the HDD, but it's a little early to tell.

It could be a corrupt boot partition, driver issue, or failing hardware. All that error is really saying is, essentially, there was a communication error between your BIOS and hardware.

I would attempt to use bootable install media to "repair" your OS, followed by a health check of the drive.
Each manufacturer of HDDs have their own diagnostic utilities, and there are other programs available too.

If the drive checks out as healthy, then I'd look to remove/reinstall drivers.

Did you clean install your OS when you moved your HDD from the old to new desktop?

Solution

minecraftiosif

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017

minecraftiosif

Prominent
Oct 3, 2017
I just confirmed that the hdd has failed
Just got another one from an friend and that one worked and started the windows
So mine has failed but it.s ok .. dont need to save anything from it
I.ll buy a new one soon
Thank you for helping