HDD merging problem

kokayie

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016
Hi,

I am experimenting with my laptop and I accidentally made a partition on Data:E. Now I have Disk:C, Data:e, and New Volume:F. I tried to use software to merge E and F but I don't think it merged right and my files from E were gone. Is there any way I can recover the lost files and merge E and F without a problem? I am running Win10 and my laptop is Dell Insipiron 3421.

I hope someone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
I can't really see the screenshot. You can upload it to an image hosting website and post the link.
Yeah, it seems that the process was interrupted and the partitions were damaged.

I believe you will need to reformat those. Yet, you need to retrieve your data first. The files, if they are not overwritten, are most probably recoverable. Yet again, you will need to find where to save those. You can borrow an external HDD from somebody. Your other option of taking the HDD out of your computer, attaching it externally with SATA to USB adapter + power cord could get complicated.

Some data recovery tools: https://www.lifewire.com/free-data-recovery-software-tools-2622893

Cheers,
D_Know_WD
Hi there kokayie,

I believe the best thing you can do, is to run some data recovery software and save the recovered data on another drive, so you don't overwrite any of the data. I mean a separate, physical drive, not your C: partition.

What software did you use? Can you post a screenshot of Disk Management?

You should always back up the data you can't afford to loose.

Let me know how this goes,
D_Know_WD :)

kokayie

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016

hi there, thank you so much for the response. I used easeus and aomei, i wasnt able to use easeus because i dont know how to use it, i found aomei that's kinda easy to use so i tried it. upon merging the partitions (e and f) i dont know what happened maybe it crashed or whatever so it stopped and my laptop restarted. when i check my files and wanted to put some music on my itunes, they were lost. the only problem is, i dont have a separate drive, but i do have another pc.

here a screenshot of my disk management
JcZxLFLffa4XDNcUA

i didn't know something like that cna affect my files, since i don;t have any idea what it does :( refomatting is not my opt and i would like to have my files back if it is possible, that is why i tried to post it here i know someone out here can help me :(

thanks so much by the way, i appreciate it :)

I can't really see the screenshot. You can upload it to an image hosting website and post the link.
Yeah, it seems that the process was interrupted and the partitions were damaged.

I believe you will need to reformat those. Yet, you need to retrieve your data first. The files, if they are not overwritten, are most probably recoverable. Yet again, you will need to find where to save those. You can borrow an external HDD from somebody. Your other option of taking the HDD out of your computer, attaching it externally with SATA to USB adapter + power cord could get complicated.

Some data recovery tools: https://www.lifewire.com/free-data-recovery-software-tools-2622893

Cheers,
D_Know_WD

Solution

kokayie

Commendable
Oct 26, 2016

Thanks so much for your help. I was out for few days so I wasnt able to ready your reply right away.
34424816d2.jpg
i hope this one works.

I will try to do what you said when I get home from a vacation. I really appreciate your help sir, thanks so much :)