HDD not being detected

Colouratura

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016
Hello, I'm using Asus H81M-R.
I have a problem where I can't connect my third disk drive. Drives connected to yellow ports work just fine, and all three are detected by BIOS.

However, the last drive, the one that I have to connect to the brown port doesn't show up in Windows at all. I can see it in BIOS, but when it comes to Windows it just doesn't seem to be detected. Neither in Device Manager or the Disk Manager (so it's not a partrition problem, I think).

You can see the ports below and to the left of RAM slots.

208848_2245_draft.jpg

After doing some internet I found this quote:

"All the yellow ports are on the intel hub controller and offer the best possible speeds. In the bios there will be an option for the sata moe they run in, make sure ahci is selected."

Not sure if it's true or not, but I had problems with games loading textures for a while too, where the game just showed me a really low-res version of the textures. So maybe that was the problem, since the drives themselves seemed healthy. Would appreciate a side-note about that.

Do they use different sata controllers or something like that? I'm really not sure if there's an easy software answer on how to make disks connected to both pairs of ports, but thank you in advance anyway! Any answer would help greatly.

DevManager Screencap

Colouratura

Commendable
Oct 24, 2016

Screen cap

Device manager seems clean. Funny thing, it worked fine the night I installed them, but the next morning it already did not. So it must be possible to make them work together.