Question HDD Not Connecting On First Boot

Sep 14, 2019
When ever I turn of my computer with an actual shut down. the next time I boot up my HDD can't be found, If I reset from the bios setting screen though it boots right into Windows 10. Any ideas what might be going on here?

what do you mean by 'turn it on with a shutdown'?

Power on after a full shutdown? (i.e., differing symptoms with just a restart after already powered up/operating?)

With power removed, check seating of your SATA power cable, or swap to another one (do not use a modular cable from another PSU!), perhaps the drive is slow coming up to speed due to a marginal connection. Barring that, it might simply be failing to come to speed within the amount of time that some systems are able to POST and begin booting... (IF that applies, you can add back in the RAM test in the BIOS instead of skipping it, which will add 5-10 more seconds to the process as a workaround)

Sep 14, 2019
what do you mean by 'turn it on with a shutdown'?

If I turn the system off with a safe shutdown or forced shut down and then if try to turn on the system I always get an error of it not being able to find my HDD, but if I jump into my BIOS settings and do nothing but hit " don't save and reset" the next time it posts it will boot past the post screen into the actual window. Alternatively if I just reset either by the quick reset on the tower or start menu it also boots up right away.