Dec 17, 2019
Hi people and ty in advice, basically lately i started having issues with my old bad psu thermaltake smart se, so i replaced it with a cx550m and it all seemed to go well at first, the pc was booting up and all but i kept being redirected to the bios and i got the opportunity to see that it was because my 2 hdd were not detected, i tryied chaning sata slots checking cables and things like these but my hard drives still wont get detected in the bios, i even update the bios with no luck, i even have the suspect that the hard drives are not spinning at all since i cannot sense anything holding them in my hands. Are they damaged from my old psu ? do i really have to think i have to spend more money now after the psu, or is it a mobo or software issues ? Resetting CMOS did not help. :disrelieved:

Dec 17, 2019
i just remembered that i forgot to change my sata cable from my old psu and used them on my new psu and now searching the internet i found out this cause hdd to get broken. i'm gonna suicide

Dec 17, 2019
Don't kill yourself just yet. There may be a zero cost, DIY solution.

TVS Diode FAQ:
http://www.hddoracle.com/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=86

Can you upload photos of your PCBs?
I'm currently unable to post any phot because amazon approved my refund so just f*** everything i'll just get new hdd back, now i'm trying to figure out if everything else on the pc is allright, i'm sure i made the mistake only with the sata cables but now i'm checking for gpu too even if i don't remember using the old cables for it a least

Edit, gpu fans and led are working and monitor does receive the signal so it should be everything fine aside from hard drives, ty all anyway

Edit: i'm a bit worried about my data on that hdd tho, i tryied checking what you asked me and seems like i can't take a picture of that you asked me for since it would require a totally disassembly of the device causing the warranty invalidation.

Last edited: