Nov 3, 2019
i5 6500
16 gb Ram
2 TB Seagate HDD
ASUS GTX960 (2 GB)
Corsair TX550 watt
Mobo ASUS B150
Windows 10 pro

Every thing was working fine until i insert a usb, worked for a while and pc starts to slow down.
When i eject usb and clicked start button it took very long and doesnt show shutdown option. I restarted it by shutting the power button.

I started it several times but it stuck at window logo screen, then i tried to restore to a previous restore point but it failed.

Now when i start my pc it automatically goes to bios and says no bootable device detected. My hdd is not detected in bios. I have set everything to default in bios.

I have a windows 10 bootable usb so when i tried to install windows 10, during installation it is not showing my hdd where i will install it.

Is it possible that a usb can make my hdd un detectable or destroy it. Can anyone help with this

Solution
What was on the USB flash drive you inserted? What did you think it was, what was it supposed to be, what was it's source....?

if unknown, found on the street, smash it with a hammer, it has already caused you more grief than an $8 USB flash drive is worth...

You can insert/test your now unbootable /undetectable drive in question into another computer, connecting SATA and SATA power...

If it is not visible in the BIOS there either, well, your drive has died, whether a horrible coincidence or something bad/nefarious happened might be difficult to find, unless you like risking more hardware....
i5 6500
16 gb Ram
2 TB Seagate HDD
ASUS GTX960 (2 GB)
Corsair TX550 watt
Mobo ASUS B150
Windows 10 pro

Every thing was working fine until i insert a usb, worked for a while and pc starts to slow down.
When i eject usb and clicked start button it took very long and doesnt show shutdown option. I restarted it by shutting the power button.

I started it several times but it stuck at window logo screen, then i tried to restore to a previous restore point but it failed.

Now when i start my pc it automatically goes to bios and says no bootable device detected. My hdd is not detected in bios. I have set everything to default in bios.

I have a windows 10 bootable usb so when i tried to install windows 10, during installation it is not showing my hdd where i will install it.

Is it possible that a usb can make my hdd un detectable or destroy it. Can anyone help with this
No, not that way, it's more likely your HDD has died, you'll have to check it by connecting to some other computer or by USB adapter.

What was on the USB flash drive you inserted? What did you think it was, what was it supposed to be, what was it's source....?

if unknown, found on the street, smash it with a hammer, it has already caused you more grief than an $8 USB flash drive is worth...

You can insert/test your now unbootable /undetectable drive in question into another computer, connecting SATA and SATA power...

If it is not visible in the BIOS there either, well, your drive has died, whether a horrible coincidence or something bad/nefarious happened might be difficult to find, unless you like risking more hardware....

Solution

raheel134

Reputable
Nov 3, 2019
That USB only have MS office files. I cant check it with other pc in next few days. Is it possible that virus from that usb have effected my bios and made the HDD undetectable cz I just cant believe that i inserted a usb and it damaged my HDD.