[SOLVED] HDD not letting computer to boot

Nov 23, 2019
I recently bought a new graphic card and after installing it my computer wouldn't let me pass the splash screen until i unplug everything and suddenly it started to work, so i start plug in everything one by one to figure out what was the issue and it turned out to be one of my external hard drives (currently have 2). So every time i try to plug the drive it wouldn't get recognize and if i try to restart the computer it stays in the restarting loading screen and as soon as i unplug the drive the computer reacts in a matter of minutes. Also if i shut it down and start it again it goes to the splash screen, tho the drive sounds like its working (light on and what not). keep in mind that my motherboard is displaying the error code b4 (which is regarding usb stuff)

I also try using the drive in another computer and its also not being recognized. What is weird is that before changing my card everything was working fine and now it just doesn't seem to work.

The drive is a SEAGATE BACKUP PLUS 6TB 3.0 usb, i also got another 4 gig seagate that is working like a charm, would it be a BIOS issue? ill appreciate if anyone could help me resolve this issue.

Intel Core i7-6700k CPU @ 4.00GHZ
Mainboard GIGABYTE Z170-UD5
Windows 10 Pro
EVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB (now a MSI Ventus 2070 super)
Samsung SSD 500GB
120MM Silent Fan Power Supply
16 GB of Ram DDR4

Solution
Since the drive isn't working, even on another PC, it likely has issue and should be warrantied if possible.

You can try Running Seatools for Windows on it to see if Seagates own utility can detect it. I don't think it will but they usually make you do it anyways before they will give you an RMA.

If it isn't under warranty any more, let us know. The drive inside of it may be a Sata drive which could be installed into another PC or USB enclosure. This, of course, voids your warranty.

popatim

Titan
Since the drive isn't working, even on another PC, it likely has issue and should be warrantied if possible.

You can try Running Seatools for Windows on it to see if Seagates own utility can detect it. I don't think it will but they usually make you do it anyways before they will give you an RMA.

If it isn't under warranty any more, let us know. The drive inside of it may be a Sata drive which could be installed into another PC or USB enclosure. This, of course, voids your warranty.

Solution
Nov 23, 2019

Hi, sorry for the late reply
The program didn't detect mine sadly, i´m thinking it may be the usb port, since its actually making my other usb related componets to flicker and disconnect as long as the drive is. I´m going to try open the drive and adding it directly into my computer, see if i can atleast safe the files.