[SOLVED] HDD not posting (HELP)

ZuRriX

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
I'll get right to the point, because I am beyond pissed. I have lost all hope so I'm turning to you for help.

Was changing some parts - the GPU and RAM and at one point I shut the power off on my PSU. After changing the parts, my PC is not booting, the GPU is spinning, the CPU fan, the RAM is lights up. I am getting no signal on my monitor from my GPU nor directly from my MOBO/CPU. Yes, I have checked and no, none of my parts are faulty - the GPU, the RAM and the monitor are fully functional. Everything works and worked a second ago till switching off the power on my PSU. Now I'm getting no signal from my HDD and my HDD LED is not lighting up, but the HDD itself is working, by that I mean it's spinning. It's not making any weird clicking noises or anything similar.

I tried hooking up another HDD just to see if it would post and yes, on that other drive the HDD LED lights up and I get a signal on my monitor. The GPU gets "stuck" in this sort of an endless loop of fans continually spinning, which is weird because it's a STRIX VEGA 64 that has a Zero RPM fan mode and before any of this happened it just spins for about 2-3 seconds and stops; now it just doesn't stop spinning.

I don't know what to do and have been through all the stages of pissed of, from confusion, to mild annoyance, anger, crying and losing all hope.

I don't want to lose my data. I would really like it if everything could just get back to normal and I wouldn't have to reinstall my system and all my programs and games.

I'm counting on you kind strangers, you're my only hope. Cheers.

Solution
If you haven't yet -- clear your CMOS according to the method recommended in your manual (they vary quite a bit between boards, not like the old just remove the bios battery days).

Then insure that all of your connections are correct and solid.

RealBeast

Titan
If you haven't yet -- clear your CMOS according to the method recommended in your manual (they vary quite a bit between boards, not like the old just remove the bios battery days).

Then insure that all of your connections are correct and solid.

Solution