[SOLVED] HDD not present after m.2 install

Jan 18, 2022
Mobo: Bazooka b360m

I'm having an issue with my HDD not showing up after installing a new m.2 ssd

per the manual the m.2 slot disables only Port 1. I have tried pluggin into every other port with no luck.
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/2260891/Msi-B360m-Bazooka.html?page=27#manual

My second SSD has worked in every port(aside from port 1) and I'm at a loss of what else it could be. Anyone else have any idea what could be going wrong?

The cable also doesn't seem damaged in any way

Last edited:
Solution
per the manual the m.2 slot disables only Port 1

how many M.2 slots does this board have and which exactly are you using.
some disable different SATA ports or other features when in use.

also make sure you have all of the latest drivers and BIOS installed,
downloaded directly from the motherboard manufacturer's product support webpage downloads section.
if a modular power supply, try reseating both SATA power connections; to PSU and to drive.

also you can try hotswapping the SATA data cable directly from the working SSD to the HDD while the SSD is in use.
if still no response, this would lead me more towards thinking the drive has just gone bad.
per the manual the m.2 slot disables only Port 1

downloaded directly from the motherboard manufacturer's product support webpage downloads section.
if a modular power supply, try reseating both SATA power connections; to PSU and to drive.

also you can try hotswapping the SATA data cable directly from the working SSD to the HDD while the SSD is in use.
if still no response, this would lead me more towards thinking the drive has just gone bad.

Solution
Jan 18, 2022

Thanks for the quick answers!

6 Slots total it didn't work in 2, 5 and 6

Downloaded the drivers from MSI and reseated the SATA cables. This PC was pre built and the stock HDD only has a SATA cable to the mobo.
It was working right before I installed the the m.2 and then showed as Not Present after installing it

My windows is installed on the working SSD so I don't think I can hotswap it? Or should I hotswap it in the bios menu?