Hdd not recognised

Miko_3

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
So before one week one of my external hard drive ( a maxell tank 1 TB with a toshiba sata3 hdd drivestarted to fail so i recovered the bad sectors with hdd regenerator bought a new hard drive(wd10ezex) and transfered all the data from one hdd to the other. Because my computer use sata 1 with a vt 8237 its don't recognize sata 3 drives even with jumpers so i had to use the external case of another wd drive to plug the wd10ezex in one usb port and after plug the toshiba in its original case. And my problem started today when i removed the toshiba that is bad from the maxell case and plugged the wd10ezex on it windows xp recognized it as removable storage and the drive was not accessible even in the device manager the drive was not recognized as my western digital wd10ezex but as a removable usb drive on the hard drive section. So i removed it from the maxell tank case and put it on the other wd digital case that i did do the original transfer of my data and the wd10ezex was seen normally without problems. Why this happen and if plan to buy a direct attached storage is my wd will be recognized normaly

SATA 3 drives are backwards compatible with SATA 1 ports. Not sure what exactly the issue is, you said you had a bad drive, then got a new one to replace it. What is the issue after that? You placed that replacement drive in the old enclosure it looks like correct? And it was detected as a USB removable drive, that sounds normal. You then said that you put it in another case that worked fine, which also sounds normal. So it it's seen "normally without problems" what is the issue? If it's working, it's working, what else do you need?

Miko_3

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
i just inserted the wd10ezex in another pc sata2 compatible it seas it normaly but when i plug into my maxell tank p enclosure the hard drive is recognized as removable storage and the data are not available and the enclosure sea another toshiba dive that i had but it dont see my wd10ezex hard drive

Miko_3

Commendable
Oct 16, 2016
so the enclosure use a sunplus SPIF301 IC controler and its a sata 1 (1.5 Gbps ) so the drive it not recognised by the enclosure. So many times i see forums that says that sata 1,2,3 are compatibles. Sata 3 controller can see sta 1,2,3 disk. Sata 1 controller can see sata 1 and 2 drives (with jumper). sata 2 controller can see sata 1,2 and 3 drives without any problems. Ive already encountered disk problems but with pc internal controller not external. But also externaly you have to make sure that the ic you are using is compatible with your drive like said above. thank you for your time helping me

TRENDING THREADS