Question hdd not seen after ntfsformat

Oct 16, 2020
can any body help me ,my internal hdd is not seen after ntfs format. the hdd is used to install pictures and download games. the hdd was first listed as RAW in disk manager and was online.But it did not showed up in the file explorer,so i tried to make it from RAW to NTFS, after that i rebooted ,the disk is not seen anywhere ,even in the bios. tried changing storage controller from rst to ahci ,boot mode from uefi to legacy and still could not see the drive.my other drive is an nvme ssd which runs fine and there is no problem other than this. i doubt that one of this caused the problem-1.ata security erase(but i have'nt done one),and faulty hard drive port or cable.but the problem is that i cannot send the laptop for servicing b'cause the place is in lockdown,and i cannot access the bottom because i do not have screw driver with hexagonal head 'cause the screws that hold the bottom are with hexagonal holes. But i do not wanna mess up with the hardware.can any body provide me a solution for this hdd problem?

My laptop-Lenovo IdeaPad C340-15IML(the core i5-10120u model)
and the bios version is ('cause i also doubt about the version of bios causing any problem -CRCN15WWV1.07

Oct 16, 2020
Sorry rgd 1101,if i replied late, as i am in the middle east region and thanks for your reply. The disk was listed as RAW in file system. I don't think that the disk has failed because it is still running/spinning, maybe any problem with the head or anything,looks like i have to replace the hdd.if you could suggest any other solutions that i can try checking and is worth trying, i will surely try out , and thanks for your suggestion .as you said there may be some physical problems with hdd. I will surely check the physical condition when the lockdown is over.