HDD not showing in BIOS (InsydeH2O) under security

Nov 14, 2018
i'm currently attempting to switch from windows 10 to ubuntu on my acer aspire e5-575g. i have successfully (i think) installed ubuntu and gotten rid of windows 10, however i am only able to boot using legacy mode (i.e. can't boot using UEFI, secure or not, as whenever i try a screen comes up saying "no bootable device").

having done some research, it seems this is due to ubuntu not being recognised as a trusted UEFI file. however when i try to remedy this using the "select an uefi file as trusted for executing" option under the security tab of my laptop's BIOS, nothing shows up. i have searched online for a while but haven't been able to find anyone else experiencing this issue. my hard drive does however appear under the "Boot" heading where i am able to configure the boot order.

pictures of each screen of the bios are in the imgur album below:

https://imgur.com/a/JUObUtH

note: the mostly blank screen is what appears after selecting the "select an uefi file as trusted for executing" option.

with new os both window 10 and 3 party os need to write to the master boot record to work right. you may have to do from a windows 10 usb stick a diskpart clean to clean windows 10 from the mbr of your laptop hard drive. another thing is the laptop bios up to date??