HDD Not Spinning After New Build

Jul 27, 2018
Last week I built a new computer, brought all of my drives over (which all worked when I powered down for the last time on that computer) but replaced pretty much everything else. I went to an ASRock Z370 Taichi board, 8700K processor and reused my copy of Windows 10 Home 64bit. When I moved the HDD from the old case to the new, I had it in my hand for 30 seconds (did not drop it or bang it on the case) and then got it into the new box. All existing hard drives came back up except for my Seagate 3TB (ST3000DM001). I thought maybe some static may have done something to the PCB so I changed that out with an exact match with no success. I have tried different SATA cables and ports. I have also swapped it to ports with a HDD that is working but still does not come up.

I have a hard time thinking that there is a mechanical issue as it was not powered on between builds. Can anyone else think of what it could be? I have a USB to SATA adapter coming today to try that.

I know I should have backed up everything (some of which is) and I am unable to send to a recovery expert due to company documents on it.

Thank you!

Solution
fairbro7nyy, best thing you could do now it try the HDD in the previous build with its original PCB. Exchanging the PCB wont help because each drive has its own firmware.

TRENDING THREADS