Question HDD on auros x670e master

acadia11

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2010
So, I have auros master x670e with 2 nvme drivers installed on M2a and M2b. And a HDD installed on SATA0. The NVME's show up in the bios boot menu and can be selected for boot, they actually have an OS on them. But the HDD while it shows up in bios connected sata devices, it won't show up in the boot menu. There is no OS on it in any case. And not that I plan to use HDD to boot an OS, I'm trying to determine if the board is faulty. Anyone else this board and have an HDD installed and does it show up in the bios boot menu?

Lutfij

Titan
I have auros master x670e
Is this your motherboard;
https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X670E-AORUS-MASTER-rev-1x#kf
?

What processor have you paired the board with? Make and model of your NVMe drives and the HDD?

And not that I plan to use HDD to boot an OS, I'm trying to determine if the board is faulty.
Does the drive show up in your OS? Speaking of OS, what OS are you working with? Have you tried working with another SATA data and power cable? Does the drive show up when using another SATA data port?

USAFRet

Titan
So, I have auros master x670e with 2 nvme drivers installed on M2a and M2b. And a HDD installed on SATA0. The NVME's show up in the bios boot menu and can be selected for boot, they actually have an OS on them. But the HDD while it shows up in bios connected sata devices, it won't show up in the boot menu. There is no OS on it in any case. And not that I plan to use HDD to boot an OS, I'm trying to determine if the board is faulty. Anyone else this board and have an HDD installed and does it show up in the bios boot menu?
If there is no boot partition on it, it will not show in the boot menu.

Please show us a screencap of your Disk Management window.

Reactions: CountMike
Why do you think it should show in BOOT menu if it's not bootable? Makes no sense to expect that !!!