Kunwar

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
I have a HP Pavilion G6 which I was thinking of upgrading.
I bought a 12.7mm ODD caddy and put a 120 GB SSD in it and my laptop didn't recognize it. So, I tried another caddy but still the same. I then tried using the HDD in the caddy and it also didn't work. I assumed that a caddy won't work with my laptop. Then when I put back my optical drive the laptop, it also didn't show up in the device manager. I have replaced my HDD with SSD but I want to use the HDD in the laptop as well.
My laptop just has 120 gigs of storage right now.
The issue is -
If I use the caddy then caddy lights are working but can't see the HDD in disk management of device management.
If I use the laptop's optical drive, it also isn't working now. The lights work but I can't see it anywhere.
I have tried looking in hidden devices. For some reason I think it's a problem with SATA. I only see one IDE ATA/ATAPI controller under device manager. I think it should be 2 (one for the SSD where OS is installed and one for my HDD) but I am not sure about this.
How can I get the caddy HDD running?

Kunwar

Reputable
Jun 13, 2014
If you pulled out the ODD, put it back in and it doesn't show, this suggests something happened, u broke a pin, a cable, who knows.

Reload BIOS with factory default see what happens.

I tried resetting the BIOS to default. The CD drive worked great after that.
But the ODD caddy doesn't. The lights in the caddy were wroking before the BIOS reset and not after the reset are not working.

TRENDING THREADS