[SOLVED] HDD Power Connector Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

zodme69

Reputable
Apr 3, 2016
With all of the time from virus isolation finally broke down several old computers. To make sure I did not lose any old pic's I figured I would connect my old HDD's them and transfer old data. That worked great for several. I have these 2 HDD that I no idea of the power connector to use. The link below opens a pic of the two drives.
The one drive with a 2 pin plug is a Toshiba 1TB P300 drive MFG in Mar 2016. PN could be HDWD110UZSVA
The other drive with a 8 pin plug is a Western Digital 500GB MFG Apr 2008. PN could be WD500AAKS-65A7BO

plug

Solution
With all of the time from virus isolation finally broke down several old computers. To make sure I did not lose any old pic's I figured I would connect my old HDD's them and transfer old data. That worked great for several. I have these 2 HDD that I no idea of the power connector to use. The link below opens a pic of the two drives.
The one drive with a 2 pin plug is a Toshiba 1TB P300 drive MFG in Mar 2016. PN could be HDWD110UZSVA
The other drive with a 8 pin plug is a Western Digital 500GB MFG Apr 2008. PN could be WD500AAKS-65A7BO

plug
Both are ordinary SATA drives. Use normal SATA power and data connections. On your pictures power is left, larger power connector.

plug
Both are ordinary SATA drives. Use normal SATA power and data connections. On your pictures power is left, larger power connector.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.