• Now's your chance win big! Join our community and get entered to win a RTX 2060 GPU, plus more! Join here.

Meet Stan Dmitriev of SurrogateTV on the Pi Cast TODAY! The show is live August 11th at 2:30 pm ET (7:30 PM BST). Watch live right here!

Professional PC modder Mike Petereyns joins Scharon on the Tom's Hardware Show live on Thursday, August 13th at 3:00 pm ET (8:00 PM BST). Click here!

Question HDD Power Connector Help

zodme69

Reputable
Apr 3, 2016
With all of the time from virus isolation finally broke down several old computers. To make sure I did not lose any old pic's I figured I would connect my old HDD's them and transfer old data. That worked great for several. I have these 2 HDD that I no idea of the power connector to use. The link below opens a pic of the two drives.
The one drive with a 2 pin plug is a Toshiba 1TB P300 drive MFG in Mar 2016. PN could be HDWD110UZSVA
The other drive with a 8 pin plug is a Western Digital 500GB MFG Apr 2008. PN could be WD500AAKS-65A7BO

plug

With all of the time from virus isolation finally broke down several old computers. To make sure I did not lose any old pic's I figured I would connect my old HDD's them and transfer old data. That worked great for several. I have these 2 HDD that I no idea of the power connector to use. The link below opens a pic of the two drives.
The one drive with a 2 pin plug is a Toshiba 1TB P300 drive MFG in Mar 2016. PN could be HDWD110UZSVA
The other drive with a 8 pin plug is a Western Digital 500GB MFG Apr 2008. PN could be WD500AAKS-65A7BO

plug
Both are ordinary SATA drives. Use normal SATA power and data connections. On your pictures power is left, larger power connector.

ASK THE COMMUNITY