HDD problem ?

Rui Neves

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2014
I have a desktop with have this components : Cpu- amd a8 6600k gpu- asus radeon r7 250x 1gb ddr5 Ram- corsair 4gb 1600mhz psu-corsair vs550 HDD- seagate st3320310cs Sometimes he gets really slow surfing on internet when I was installing something or copying files , so I belive the problem is the HDD because of the 5400 rpm and only 8mb of cache . So i ask for the opinion of someone who can help me with this please ! I will be very apreaciated . Thanks in advance .

Solution
Hi there Rui Neves,

Even though the drive is 5400 RMP, it really shouldn't get slow when browsing internet and copying stuff. I would advise you to test the drive with brand specific testing tool. This will show you the overall health status of the drive. My guess is that there are some bad sectors on it.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD
Hi there Rui Neves,

Even though the drive is 5400 RMP, it really shouldn't get slow when browsing internet and copying stuff. I would advise you to test the drive with brand specific testing tool. This will show you the overall health status of the drive. My guess is that there are some bad sectors on it.

Cheers,
D_Know_WD

Solution