[SOLVED] HDD problem

VenciiXD

Prominent
Feb 5, 2020
So the title basically says it all. My HDD kinda sucks now, but before i buy another one, i wanna see what you guys think. Should i buy another one or should i stay with it
My pc specs are:
r5 3600 cpu with stock cooler
16 gb 3000Mhz ram
gtx 1050 ti gpu
be quiet! System Power 9 600W 80PLUS Bronze psu
MSI B450M-A PRO MAX mb
no ssd
and my hdd is toshiba 1tb

So the point is that recently this hard drive decides to sit ot 100 % usage for a lot of time, something like 5-10 min and sometimes 30-40, and u know how it is: big lag spikes, slow loading ect.
Imma send a screenshot of CrystalDiskInfo here.
Look it up and express your opinion.

Solution
Reallocated sectors.

It found some bad spots, and moved data elsewhere. That number will only grow.
Eventually getting to the point of Uncorrectable.

The main things is...storage devices can die at any moment. No matter what the SMART readings are telling you.

You need to be prepared for that moment.

USAFRet

Titan
Reallocated sectors.

It found some bad spots, and moved data elsewhere. That number will only grow.
Eventually getting to the point of Uncorrectable.

The main things is...storage devices can die at any moment. No matter what the SMART readings are telling you.

You need to be prepared for that moment.

Solution

VenciiXD

Prominent
Feb 5, 2020
Ok, but this 100% usage for such long periods is kinda sus to me.
The lag is so bad, for example 1 google chrome page loads for 2-3 mins. And discord lag spikes constantly while typing, just scrolling.
I cant even open 1 single thing normally.
Idk if i buy a new one is it guaranteed that those 100 usages for long periods aren't gonna come for atleast 1-2 solid years ???

OrlyP

Reputable
Aug 20, 2020
I dont have anything special on it, but what do u say
Do i buy another one ?

If it's inexplicably running at 100% utilization, it means that your computer/OS is experiencing latency as the drive is having difficulty reading or writing data. This is because the disk's magnetic surface and/or heads are degrading. In most cases, failure is imminent and you shouldn't use it to store anything important.

VenciiXD

Prominent
Feb 5, 2020
Right now its calm, but after a hour or two it will run at 100% for at least 30 mins. And the bad thing is that after restart on the pc, it still sits ot 100