[SOLVED] hdd problem

brantmccl

Commendable
Dec 29, 2018
I have a secondary hard drive with a problem and doesn't show up in the disk management list. When connected it keeps windows 10 from loading. If unplugged windows comes up with the disk not listed. when plugged in after windows is up it shows in the disk list in explorer, but if selected it hangs the system but still is not listed under disk management. How can I reformat this drive?

Of course I'd like to save the data on the drive but I don't remember what's even on it. It would be nice to be able to list the drive and as a last resort reformat.

Thanks all.

Last edited:
Solution
It does not show up in the disk list. There is no way to see the partitions......
Have you tried using DISKPART from a command line, or something like AOMEI Partition Assistant, or EASUS Partition Master because sometimes the Windows Disk Manager fails to read a drive for some reason or another but diskpart usually will still see it.

brantmccl

Commendable
Dec 29, 2018
I don't think it has ever used for a boot. Besides it was working before in its current boot position before it was corrupted.

If there is no way to access and reformat it, should I just disassemble and destroy it?

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2021
It does not show up in the disk list. There is no way to see the partitions......
Have you tried using DISKPART from a command line, or something like AOMEI Partition Assistant, or EASUS Partition Master because sometimes the Windows Disk Manager fails to read a drive for some reason or another but diskpart usually will still see it.

Solution