[SOLVED] HDD Random Disconnects

Jack115

Commendable
Nov 9, 2019
I recently had a blue screen "MEMORY_MANAGEMENT" error on my Lenovo Legion y720 laptop and now my HDD (D drive) no longer seems to work. Sometimes when I log in, it will appear in the device manager however, if I try to read data from it, it will disconnect. The drive also seems to be corrupted (not sure though) as the extension logos for games I have installed on it are missing. Is there any way to fix this?

P.S. I have already reconnected the SATA cable to no avail and there does not seem to be a tear in it (I checked with a multimeter).

Solution
Is there actually any data (docs, photos, etc.) you truly need from this drive? If so, get this data moved elsewhere while you can.

Replace with an SSD, as 1 TB MX500 SSDs from Crucial are only $105 or so...

Failing HDDs can completely lock up/tie-up/slow down a system when trying to read from them....

Jack115

Commendable
Nov 9, 2019
I did, however, I do not think the HDD (D: drive) is part of the file system anymore. When in BIOS the laptop will sometimes identify the HDD and other times it won't.

Is there actually any data (docs, photos, etc.) you truly need from this drive? If so, get this data moved elsewhere while you can.

Replace with an SSD, as 1 TB MX500 SSDs from Crucial are only $105 or so...

Failing HDDs can completely lock up/tie-up/slow down a system when trying to read from them....

Solution

TRENDING THREADS