HDD Spikes to 100%

Rafastang

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
Hello! After my PC ending with a big malware flu, I formatted the drive and did a clean Windows reinstall. All good untill I started having freezes on my secondary HDD. The drive just freezes. The usage/active time stays at 100% with 0kb/s read and 0kb/s write and 0ms response time. The drive stops being accessible at this point. Since I have 2 drives, one SSD and an HDD, the system still functions, with a total disk usage of 50%, since, well, the SSD is working as intended. This time, this happened right after installing CS:GO from Steam. I've scanned for rootkits, any virus that could be remaining, with Bitdefender, MSE Online and Offline. The computer is an HP Omen 15 (2016) with a 1TB Hitachi 7200rpm HDD and a Sandisk M.2 SSD.

The rest of the components work as intended. Any ideas? Thanks!

Rafastang

Honorable
Aug 11, 2012
I tried to take prints while the HDD was going wild, but they appear to be corrupted now and I can't access them, because I always have to force shut the PC down when this happens. As for diagnostics, yes, chkdsk say's everything is okay. Here is the SMART status: