HDD spins but dosent detect in bios or disk management.

chamillionati

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
i have a seagate pipeline HD.2, 250GB (ST3250412CS) hard drive. i use it has a seconday storage for backing up games and stuff. it is not detected in the bios, or in the disk management. it spins tho so the motor is working. tried conecting to to other computers and changing the sata connectors but still wont show up. do i need to get a new hdd or is there still hope to recover the hdd/data itself?

Solution
Hi

If it does not show up in bios (or uefi) it means the circuit board has probably failed and data recovery will be expensive

On some hard disks the components on the circuit board are visible and damage to chips may be visible

If the data is backed up elseware or not vital just get a replacement hard disk

Regards
Mike Barnes
Hi

If it does not show up in bios (or uefi) it means the circuit board has probably failed and data recovery will be expensive

On some hard disks the components on the circuit board are visible and damage to chips may be visible

If the data is backed up elseware or not vital just get a replacement hard disk

Regards
Mike Barnes

Solution
Hello chamillionati, the drive seems to have run into problems. If interested in getting your data we do offer Recovery Services or you may use one of your liking.

It is always a good idea to back up your information. The conventional wisdom by tech experts on backups is known as the 3-2-1 method.

Basically you want:

3 copies of any data you don't want to lose
2 different mediums it's stored on (so 2 different drives in your computer, for example)
1 copy kept offsite, to prevent against disaster.

Best of luck.