[SOLVED] HDD & SSD not being found (win&bios)

Oct 3, 2019
I've built a new rig and installed win10 on the new M.2 drive and everything works fine. But when I plug in my old HDD and SSD (the SSD has the old OS) they wont show up anywhere (disk management, device manager or bios) - and somehow my boot-time increased, before I plugged them in I would get to the desktop within 10 sec....

I've tried plugging in one drive at a time, and switching sata cables. Every google search I do end with "check device... manager... bios..." - anything else I can try?

Specs:
Crosshair VIII Hero
AMD 3900x
ASUS RTX 2070
Vengeance PRO 3200
Corsair MP600 1TB M.2
750W

UPDATE:
I managed to find the SSD connecting it via a usb-drivecage, everything worked, but not when I connect it via sata. Also checked if the sata-ports where enabled in the BIOS, and tried different ports - no success.

Last edited:
Solution
It sounds as though you are booting from the old device whenever it is connected?

Make sure the new M.2 drive remains first/top of the list in boot device priority/boot order within your BIOS...; this order might easily get botched when/if connecting two more drives...
It sounds as though you are booting from the old device whenever it is connected?

Make sure the new M.2 drive remains first/top of the list in boot device priority/boot order within your BIOS...; this order might easily get botched when/if connecting two more drives...

Solution