Question HDD stopped being detected in BIOS after PSU replacement

Baraking

Honorable
Jul 23, 2015
First of all im gonna start with saying that I had issues with my PC when it started getting rebooted randomly and gets stuck in boot loops.
Managed to narrow it down to the issue being a faulty PSU (with the help of this amazing forum).
Today i bought a new PSU Corsair CX750 all excited that finally my PC could actually work properly again I immediately started installing it.

After connecting all the power cables to the new PSU (used some of the older cables first) i tried to boot up the computer but tackled a couple of issues up until the last one being that my HDD couldnt be detected both in BIOS and in Windows plus getting bsod (0x0000007B) while trying to boot from my SSD which is where I installed the Windows OS, so im gonna take you through the chronological order of the issues up until the last one which is what i mentioned above:

1. didnt have video signal for my screen - managed to fix it by replacing the old power cables with the new PCI-E power cables to the GPU, also replaced all the other power cables by the new ones.

2. couldnt boot my PC had message "Reboot and Select proper boot drive" - managed tp fix by reconnecting the power cable to the SSD - successfully booted Windows!

3. after booting up windows i noticed that i cant see my the HDD (F) disk on my computer (which i used before on this same computer), also it is not detected in device manager. So I decided to boot BIOS again to see if my BIOS detects the HDD, and it doesn't. lastly in my last efforts i tried to use the load defaults option to try and reset the configuration.

4. after that i tried booting up again only to get a BSOD (0x0000007B).

5. now this is the situation, same PC, a new power supply, undetected HDD, detected SSD but cant fully boot Windows gets BSOD everytime

6. I opened a completely new HDD that i had to terminate to possibility that the cables are faulty, successfully so the new HDD is detected in BIOS.

the questions:
Is it a possibilty that i fried the HDD because i was using the old power cables with the new PSU?
is the load defaults option in BIOS the reason for me getting BSOD while trying to boot from SSD because before then i booted just fine?
are there any other options for me to try through BIOS to try and restore the SSD and HDD to their previous state?
is the BSOD a result of the SSD got damaged physically?

*these are the same drives (HDD and SSD) that i used prevoiusly before changing PSU and never had any issues with data or with OS
*remember that i tried booting up while using the old PSU's power cables twice before replacing them with the new PSU's power cables
*the problem that i had previous to all of that with the random reboots now seems to be solved so the issue was the PSU no doubt
*again i wanna mention that i connected a completely new HDD to the data and power cables and the BIOS managed to detect it
*previous PSU: ThermalTake 730W non modular

Thank you for your time.

TRENDING THREADS