Hdd stuck at 100%

Jakevandee

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Hi, I have been having problems with serious studdering in gta and other games, my cpu usage hasn't gone higher than 50% and gpu hasn't gone higher than 75%. Ram is about 80% used when gaming
Specs
I7 6700k
Gigabyte z270x ultra gaming
8gb hyper x black ram
Titan x maxwell
600w evga psu
2tb segate firecuda sshd

Solution
Perhaps you should consider moving to a true SSD rather than a hybrid drive. I would guess it's studdering whenever it needs to read data from the platters of the Seagate drive. Also, you might want to check that your drive's sleep settings are turned off. Otherwise, the drive might be spinning down and then having to spin back up when it needs to be accessed. Your UEFI settings might even need to be adjusted.

JaredDM

Honorable
Perhaps you should consider moving to a true SSD rather than a hybrid drive. I would guess it's studdering whenever it needs to read data from the platters of the Seagate drive. Also, you might want to check that your drive's sleep settings are turned off. Otherwise, the drive might be spinning down and then having to spin back up when it needs to be accessed. Your UEFI settings might even need to be adjusted.

Solution