hdd to sdd

Elite rider

Reputable
Jan 17, 2015
hello
i want to add a third hard drive to my pc, currently i have a 250gb ssd with my op on and 1tb hdd (e) for all the rest but want to add another ssd to replace the hdd then use the hdd for a back up so can this be done and if so how?
thanks

The essence of a backup is that it should be EXTERNAL.
This protects from failures such as viruses, electrical damage, ransomware, inadvertent deletions...
Buy a external enclosure for your hard drive.
I find USB connection to be most convenient.
Do your backups to the external drive and disconnect or turn it off when not in use.

in theory you should be able to format the new ssd and copy everything over that or just clone it. then use a program for backups like ease us todo backup which you can clone drives with for free etc. better than the built in windows backup solution.

Select the files/folders you want to copy from the HDD and then either right click and select copy or press Ctrl+C and then go to (select) the SSD and either right click and select paste or press Ctrl+V. It's a really simple copy and paste operation. This does not clone the drive it merely copies files from one location (drive in this case) to another. After you have verified that all of the files/folder copied correctly then you can format the HDD.