HDD to SSD Clone not booting to Windows 10

3hunna

Distinguished
May 15, 2013
So I bought Corsair 240gb LE SSD and installed it in in my pc I want to use the SSD as my primary drive & my 1tb HDD as my secondary drive & I don't want to do a clean install so I downloaded & installed EaseUS todo & cloned my C drive partition to my SSD partition and restarted my pc & went into BIOS & set the boot order to the SSD but its not booting up with it

Solution

Sometimes using the command prompt in administrator mode and typing without quotes "sfc/scannow" and hitting...

3hunna

Distinguished
May 15, 2013

Are you saying I need to clone all 5 partitions? cause I only want the C drive cloned onto one of the SSD partition as Windows is on C or are you saying I need to clone some hidden partitions that don't show up in my computer but they show up in disk management & are in mbs?

3hunna

Distinguished
May 15, 2013

I figured it out I needed a clone os program not just a clone partition tool & I was able to find one called minitools free partition wizard it has an option to Migrate OS to SSD / HD & I did that the cloning was successful but both of my SSD partitions disappeared then I went into Disk management & it seemed it lost its drive letter so I gaved it a drive letter and turned off my pc disconnected my HDD connectors then booted the pc with a SSD and yay it worked then I shut off the pc and reconnected the HDD and booted into the BIOS & disabled windows on it cause it was showing Windows on both the SSD & HDD then saved settings & exit so all my HDD partitions are showing up expect the one that had Windows on it I am assuming it lost its drive letter so I deleted that partition & re created it :)

3hunna

Distinguished
May 15, 2013
Now the only problem is that I am unable to shrink the C partition as it is using the entire SSD & I want to make 2 partitions of the SSD one in which its using Windows & one separate to install some of my games when I try to shrink it from the disk management saying "The volume you have selected to shrink is corrupted. Use CHKDSK to fix the corruption problem, and then try to shrink the volume again."

Ok I was able to fix that error by right clicking on the C drive & going to properties > tools & clicked on check for errors it ran a scan & then asked me to restart my pc & I did & now I am not getting that error no more

Sometimes using the command prompt in administrator mode and typing without quotes "sfc/scannow" and hitting enter will fix many issues. It means " System File Checker = scan now ". This scans the operating system files for corruption and will replace then as needed.

Solution