HDD to SSD help.

Thekingbeaver

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
I've upgraded to an SSD, installed a fresh new copy of Windows, and have both my HDD and SSD connected and able to be accessed, but they aren't running in tandem. Files on my HDD can only be accessed if I boot using the HDD and same goes for the SSD. I installed Windows on my SSD without the HDD connected as that was the only way to install it without receiving error messages. I couldn't clone over my HDD because my SSD didn't have enough storage. What did I do wrong, and how do I correct this?

Solution
Hello... it's OS security thing... Windows has "security" and you have to give permission to the OS as "administrator" to use/install additional Devices.

1) Right click Computer-Manage-storage-Disk Management... 2) Right click the graphics below for the NEW drive... (complete partitioning and formatting for the drive if needed)... 3) And "Mark Partition as Active"
Hello... it's OS security thing... Windows has "security" and you have to give permission to the OS as "administrator" to use/install additional Devices.

1) Right click Computer-Manage-storage-Disk Management... 2) Right click the graphics below for the NEW drive... (complete partitioning and formatting for the drive if needed)... 3) And "Mark Partition as Active"

Solution

USAFRet

Titan

Its because you have 2 different 'users' in the 2 different OS's.
Even if the same name "Theking"...the OS sees them as two different entities.

What size are these drives?
How much total used space is on the current HDD?

Possibly we can actually 'fix' this with a clone that actually works.