HDD to SSD/win10 Linux

NucalisDarus

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015
Hello,
I just finished building my pc and got win10 running on HDD. I want to know if this process is any good:
-BIOS put ssd as first disk
-install win10 from CD on SSD (on half of my 128Go the other half is for Ubuntu)
-clean completely HDD.
-do all my updates and download from ssd to hdd with personalized installation (to send it to hdd).
-Then install Ubuntu on its partition of the ssd.
Plz let me know if there is a prob.

Solution
That is the right order just when you ever install ANY OS always ONLY have the OS drive installed! I would do it but I would do it like this.

-Install SSD Remove HDD
-install win10 from CD on SSD (on half of my 128Go the other half is for Ubuntu)
-Re-add HDD - Clean drive - Then customize

You don't need to do updates or customize your windows 10 before you install linux. honestly i would install win 10, just make your user and then install Linux. this way you don't spend time customizeing windows only to have it screwed up and have to install it over again.
That is the right order just when you ever install ANY OS always ONLY have the OS drive installed! I would do it but I would do it like this.

-Install SSD Remove HDD
-Re-add HDD - Clean drive - Then customize

You don't need to do updates or customize your windows 10 before you install linux. honestly i would install win 10, just make your user and then install Linux. this way you don't spend time customizeing windows only to have it screwed up and have to install it over again.

Solution

NucalisDarus

Reputable
Dec 29, 2015