[SOLVED] HDD to SSD

Jul 21, 2020
Hey all,

So I've just successfully cloned my first storage upgrade from my existing HDD to a new SSD. I've also successfully sorted booting from the SSD up. (My god, what a difference in speed!)
I want to use my HDD for less important things, photos, music, university documents.

Can I now delete the cloned files from the HDD? (Boot, Intel, Microsoft, NVIDEA, Perflogs, Program Files, Program files (x86), users and Windows)

Cheers,
OneCanVanBam

Solution
Hey all,

So I've just successfully cloned my first storage upgrade from my existing HDD to a new SSD. I've also successfully sorted booting from the SSD up. (My god, what a difference in speed!)
I want to use my HDD for less important things, photos, music, university documents.

Can I now delete the cloned files from the HDD? (Boot, Intel, Microsoft, NVIDEA, Perflogs, Program Files, Program files (x86), users and Windows)

Cheers,
OneCanVanBam
If you are happy with how the system is running on the SSD....then it seems your cloning was successful and you can delete the files from the HDD.

However, I suggest making an image file of your SSD now (being that it's working properly now) and put this image file somewhere (not on the...
D

Deleted member 14196

Disk Management under Control Panel. you can format it from there, even assign a permanent drive letter for it if you choose.

Hey all,

Cheers,
OneCanVanBam
If you are happy with how the system is running on the SSD....then it seems your cloning was successful and you can delete the files from the HDD.

However, I suggest making an image file of your SSD now (being that it's working properly now) and put this image file somewhere (not on the SSD). This way if something happens to your SSD...you can always go back to where you are right now with the SSD.

Solution
Thanks both Manark and Jay322677. I'm formatting the existing HDD now and once it's completed I'll make an image file of the SSD. Appreciate the swift responses from both!
You're welcome and I think that's a good plan.
I make an image file of my main drive every month to couple months (when it's running well) just so I can always revert back.

TRENDING THREADS