HDD using 100%, already fixed just got a question :)

Frederik_6

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
Hello there, so cca 15 days ago i recognized that when im downloading files larger than 15gb+(tried on steam and utorrent) my hdd freezes completely and only reset helps. First i though its because of my new router but it wasnt. I found a solution so i did what i saw on forums. (Disabled Prefetching, Disabled Superfetch, Disabled Windows Search, Disabled BITS, Disabled Notifications "show me tips about windows" Disabled Cloud protection and Automatic sample sending). So as i said everything is fine now i just wanted to ask u guys why is this happened, its because of windows 10 or ? it could be coz i dont remember when i upgraded to win 10 from 7 maybe 5 months ago. And another question, so i disabled those services what i wrote, can it harm my PC ? any of my components or ? I read something about those service and i think its okay I just cant uderstand why this all happened and its frustrating for me. I will appreciate any feedback thx for everyone have a nice day :) ps: sorry for my english :)

It looks like you were running out of space on disk/partition and that was your main reason for errors. Did you do complete Disk Cleanup > Cleanup system files since upgrading to W10 ? It can save you many GB, 4GB for downloaded W10 and windows.old folder that may be close in size to all of your Windows folders + Programs installed.
In some, extreme cases it may double free space on disk/partition.

Frederik_6

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016

ye i did those things, i even tried chkdsk and defragment too everything was fine. Oh almost forgot i also updated my motherboard and there was an update for bios maybe that one fixed the problem for me :D. So what do u think can i set back those settings to default ? (search, prefetch. superfetch, bits)? Im just wondering about my PC components can those settings harm any of them? and ofc thx for reply man :)