[SOLVED] HDD WESTERN DIGITAL WD60EFZX RED PLUS NAS 6TB 3.5'' SATA3 CMR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkking791

Honorable
Jun 8, 2018
hi guys im , im not very well versed with the hard drives.. so i wanna ask if the HDD WESTERN DIGITAL WD60EFZX RED PLUS NAS 6TB 3.5'' SATA3 is a CMR drive ? (the 128mb Cashe version) and i want to use him for normal desktop use as a storage drive (videos, movies, games ,work files etc)...
is this gonna be ok for my needs?

thanks in a advance

They are CMR.

They certainly CAN be used for desktop storage, but NAS drives like the WD Red plus have some features that really aren't desirable in a desktop application. So yes, it is usable but a drive meant for desktop use would probably be preferable.

darkking791

Honorable
Jun 8, 2018
My budget is 160€ i need at least 6TB.
Because i have a full 2TB SSHD and a 4TB hard drive with 400Gb free. And my 4tb gave me warning (yellow warning in crystal disk info) in so im gonna transfer the files to new hard drive and send it for warranty replacement.

Ps the warning i have it few months now ( and number it shows it keep growing "pending sector and uncorectable sector count", also the toshiba hard drive is realy loud and it have a metalic sound when it fully working.

Thanks in advance for the help

Reactions: darkking791
Solution

darkking791

Honorable
Jun 8, 2018
This is really about the best option I see on there within that budget, but it is a 5400 rpm drive. It is also an SMR drive but this shouldn't make any difference to you whether it's CMR or SMR honestly. There just isn't a lot of options on that site and this is often the way it is in some regions. I totally get that.

https://www.skroutz.gr/s/20486341/Western-Digital-Blue-6TB-HDD-Σκληρός-Δίσκος-3-5-SATA-III-5400rpm-με-256MB-Cache-για-Desktop-WD60EZAZ.html
This one i have it on my wish list for some time now (i dont mind the 5400 speed, i like quiet drives)and i was considering it but one the other hand i was afraid because i heard that smr isnt good choice and i thats why i thought to search for a cmr . But if itsnt a big deal to buy a smr drive then maybe i will go for a cheaper SMR because i found a towhiba SMR Drive for 110€ and a Seagate SMR for 130€
Either way ,thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.