hdd will not format

kregstrong

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012
ive been trying everything to try to get my hdd to format, used diskpart, disk management, deleted the volume, created new one and still nothing. Tried to use cmd in windows repair from usb drive and same, i tried to create a bootable usb for gparted but it starts and gets into the command line and freezes. Is there another bootable usb program i can use similar to gparted to try to get this thing formatted?

USAFRet

Titan

What error message do you get?
Which drive are you trying to 'format'? You can't format the existing C drive, when running the OS on that drive.

kregstrong

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

its not my boot drive, its just a storage drive, when i try to delete, then create volume, then format i get an error during formatting, says the format did not complete successfully. And it never shows up to be usable under my computer.

kregstrong

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

no it was an external drive but i started having problems, usb stuff was going on with my pc, so i just pulled it out of case and put it in pc, now it isnt working

kregstrong

Honorable
Dec 10, 2012

well ive never had a problem before with using hdds that were external. I really think it was a usb problem and i got it fixed, but guess it still could be the drive