HDD with Recovery and EFI partitions that I want to clean up

SverreMunthe

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
I found an old OS drive that I want to use for other purposes, but I'm not able to remove the Recovery and EFI partitions (mostly annoying, since they only take up 550MB, but I want them gone anyway). I've tried in Disk Management and the HDD Low Level Format Tool, from HDDGURU tells me it's in use (no idea, it's not formatted). It's a Sea<gate Momentus 5400 ST9320320AS. Anyone that can help me?

Solution
DiskPart will do the job for you. Apparently you haven't used that valuable tool so do a Google search on "using diskpart". It's a utility you should become familiar with. In your particular situation the final diskpart command (after selecting the specified partition) will be "delete partition override". You generally need that override flag.
DiskPart will do the job for you. Apparently you haven't used that valuable tool so do a Google search on "using diskpart". It's a utility you should become familiar with. In your particular situation the final diskpart command (after selecting the specified partition) will be "delete partition override". You generally need that override flag.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS