Hdd with windows moved to a new computer not working!!

fawk__

Commendable
May 19, 2016
I recently ordered parts for a new computer and a new windows 7 installation disk. The hard drive came before the rest so I decided to put it in my old computer and install windows 7 when I placed the hard drive in the new computer windows wouldn't boot up. I tried installing it on a different hard drive and the disk didn't boot on the select proper boot devices screen.and yes I did have the cd drive selected as the first boot device. Please help!!!

Solution
The installation wouldn't start because the drivers referred to a different set of hardware.

You need to let the new installation to format that disk completely and start again. If the DVD is audibly spinng when you boot up, you should tap any key to make sure you don't miss the message "Hit any key to boot from CD/DVD". That message disappears quite quickly.
The installation wouldn't start because the drivers referred to a different set of hardware.

You need to let the new installation to format that disk completely and start again. If the DVD is audibly spinng when you boot up, you should tap any key to make sure you don't miss the message "Hit any key to boot from CD/DVD". That message disappears quite quickly.

Solution