hdd500gbsata WD5000AADS not detected in the bios, i know many thread like this but as i read them i just understand half of it

Eliooe

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
I own an only one sata 500gb and one pc, as i delete and tried to update the graphic program, the internet explorer showed up and than it frozen up, i than shut it down through the power button but the hdd than not connected at all, i tried to clean it with an eraser, change the cable and remove the battery cmos than place it again but it's still not detected, (well the battery for cmos already dead and i still not tried to test the hdd in another pc because i only have one though -,-) , is my hdd dead? But it spin and vibrate thinly when i touch it with my finger, is there any simple repair for this? , it is my only one hdd -,-.

One more thing, it say the hard disk failure and ask me to insert cd disk system.

Solution
Don worry about your English, I can understand you just fine. :)

The warranty period for a WD Green drive s 2 years, so you are correct.

The difference is really not that big indeed, so if it fits your budget you can go straight for a 1TB drive and no matter which size you decide to go for, if it's up to 1TB go for the 7200RPM model as it will be better for general usage compared to the 5400RPM model which mostly for secondary storage purposes.

It's really unfortunate that you had a lot of photos which weren't backed up. That's why I'd suggest that at some point, when you have the chance, you should think of a backup option like an external drive, cloud service, or at least another internal drive.

As for you current situation, when...
Hey there, Eliooe.

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your drive. :(

I'd advise you to check your BIOS settings since you've mentioned that the CMOS battery is dead. Make sure that the drive is detected there. I'm asking you to check your BIOS settings as for older systems the CMOS battery was used to provide power for the storage of those settings and not only to keep the clock in check.

You should also try a different port as well, to see if you still can't boot with that drive. Unfortunately if you don't have a different computer in order to try the HDD with, there not much else you can do in terms of testing. However, if you can get a SATA to USB adapter, an external enclosure or a docking station, you could try connecting it externally to a friend's desktop computer or a laptop.

Just for future reference, there's no need to clean the drive in order for it to work. It's hermetically sealed, which means that no dust particles can get in, as even a few are enough to damage the surface of the platters. How did you actually clean it?

Hope that helps.
Boogieman_WD

Eliooe

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
Well I'm a noob to a computer engineering, i only have 2 cable that i practically use it to see something different but it still not detected even though i change cable, port sata and port power supply, it still noy give solution.

I just only clean the cover and the hdd port, because i don't really understand the inner part of it.

The problem occur after i shut the pc down when the pc freezing while i using the computer, so is that usually still can be repaired?.

Eliooe

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
I already done plug the cable to a different sata port on the motherboard, still not solution, well my memory already 5 years age right now -,-.

For reference how many years did the product usually give a warranty service?, is it usually 2 years?.

I'm planning to buy a new one which wd blue 1tb, well the error harddisk contain my own and family photo album though -,- . (I will try to check in another pc my friend have, i hope it can be solved -,-)

Is the cost for buying a new one between 500gb and 1 tb hdd is that really a little close? Like 500gb for $50 and 1tb for $65.

(I'm sorry for my weird english, because it not my primary language.)

Don worry about your English, I can understand you just fine. :)

The warranty period for a WD Green drive s 2 years, so you are correct.

The difference is really not that big indeed, so if it fits your budget you can go straight for a 1TB drive and no matter which size you decide to go for, if it's up to 1TB go for the 7200RPM model as it will be better for general usage compared to the 5400RPM model which mostly for secondary storage purposes.

It's really unfortunate that you had a lot of photos which weren't backed up. That's why I'd suggest that at some point, when you have the chance, you should think of a backup option like an external drive, cloud service, or at least another internal drive.

As for you current situation, when you try the drive with the other PC, if it's still not recognized, you could try accessing it via data recovery software. Here are two links with a lot of suggestions: http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-1644496/lost-data-recovery.html & http://pcsupport.about.com/od/filerecovery/tp/free-file-recovery-programs.htm. Another option would be to try and access it via Ubuntu Live USB/DVD (this is basically a bootable, freeware, portable version of Linux).

Please keep me updated.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS