[SOLVED] HDMI 2.0B to DVI-d. Is it possible to acheive 120hz??

speroo

Honorable
Nov 28, 2013
Hello,
I recently bought gigbyte GTX 1660, but after i bought it i found that it does not have DVI-D port but it has 3 DP and one 2.0 B HDMI PORT.
Now, my monitor does not have DP But it is capable of achieving 120HZ through DVI port but not through HDMI port.
My Question is ..if i bought DVI to HDMI 2.0 Adapter Cable (like the one in the link) .. will i be able to achieve 120 HZ ???

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics...ics+HL-007347&qid=1568936371&s=gateway&sr=8-4

Thank you and have a nice day.

Last edited:
Solution
No, it's only single link DVI connection(as many of the customer reviews indicate). You'd need a HDMI to Dual link DVI, problem is nobody make them(and if they did they'd cost more that $7).

Your options are getting an active Displayport to Dual link DVI adapter(going to cost ~$100) or getting a new monitor that uses HDMI and/or Displayport to get that resolution and refresh rate.

bignastyid

Titan
No, it's only single link DVI connection(as many of the customer reviews indicate). You'd need a HDMI to Dual link DVI, problem is nobody make them(and if they did they'd cost more that $7).

Your options are getting an active Displayport to Dual link DVI adapter(going to cost ~$100) or getting a new monitor that uses HDMI and/or Displayport to get that resolution and refresh rate.

Solution