[SOLVED] hdmi and dvi d can't work together

Jan 20, 2020
I have a problem about my monitor, I use two monitors together but always a black screen when I plug in the HDMI and DVI together, but when I plug them in separately they want to turn on normally. I use gtx 1650 super. I hope to find an answer to this problem

Solution
I can't confirm this without exact GPU model, but it may be that DVI and HDMI ports are interconnected and can't be used both - only whichever one you need. Some manufacturers do that to simplify their PCB and make their card cheaper. You will have to use other ports for your monitor. For example, DisplayPort, and just use a DVI to DisplayPort adapter if your monitor doesn't have a display port.

Wolfshadw

Titan
This shouldn't be an issue. Right-Click anywhere on your desktop and open the NVidia Control Panel.
Under the Display Tree there should be an option for Set Up Multiple Displays
Verify that both displays are shown there.
Make sure both are select under #1

-Wolf sends

Edit: Here's what mine looks like

YwuBt6I.jpg

Jan 20, 2020
This shouldn't be an issue. Right-Click anywhere on your desktop and open the NVidia Control Panel.
Under the Display Tree there should be an option for Set Up Multiple Displays
Verify that both displays are shown there.
Make sure both are select under #1

-Wolf sends

Edit: Here's what mine looks like

YwuBt6I.jpg
tried it but the screen came back black and wouldn't turn on at all

I can't confirm this without exact GPU model, but it may be that DVI and HDMI ports are interconnected and can't be used both - only whichever one you need. Some manufacturers do that to simplify their PCB and make their card cheaper. You will have to use other ports for your monitor. For example, DisplayPort, and just use a DVI to DisplayPort adapter if your monitor doesn't have a display port.

Solution
Jan 20, 2020
thank you for the answer it turns out I can use two monitors using dvi d and display port but again hdmi and display port work together but hdmi and dvi d still don't want to work together, i use galax gtx 1650s