[SOLVED] HDMI and DVI-D

Oct 2, 2018
So ever since i've had my setup which has been a couple of years i've been using an hdmi cable on a monitor that i managed to bump to 75hz using nvidia control panel. Today i got a dvi-d cable and it only let me get to 66hz on nvidia control panel and sadly i can tell the difference in games but i dont understand whats wrong.

Solution
Why don't you continue to use the HDMI cable? I'm guessing that the cables are just different enough that the video signal integrity is just a little less with the DVI cable. Also, I'm assuming that the monitor is a 60Hz refresh. Consequently, it's operating within spec with the DVI cable. You were just lucky to get 75Hz with the HDMI cable.
Why don't you continue to use the HDMI cable? I'm guessing that the cables are just different enough that the video signal integrity is just a little less with the DVI cable. Also, I'm assuming that the monitor is a 60Hz refresh. Consequently, it's operating within spec with the DVI cable. You were just lucky to get 75Hz with the HDMI cable.

Solution