Question HDMI audio between computers

jtibbs

Reputable
Feb 26, 2016
So I had audio between my gaming pc and streaming setup and it was working fine. Then I decided to update them to build 1903. Now I can't get audio from my streaming PC, but I can still send from my gaming pc to the streaming pc. They're connected via an HDMI cable from my graphics card to the capture card in the streaming pc.

Lutfij

Titan
You might need to look at both the inputs and the outputs for both system's. Take note of what the default audio input and outputs are. It's also likely you might need to reinstall your GPU drivers to avail the audio from the port.

jtibbs

Reputable
Feb 26, 2016
Ok, so its been a while since I've actually done my setup. Heres how its working. I transmit my game computer audio over to my stream computer via HDMI. Thats working. What stopped working was the audio from my streaming computer to my gaming compute via a 3.5mm audio cable. I just remembered this when I looked at the cables. This is setup this way because the hdmi cable can only carry the single one way. So for some reason, after updating to 1903, the 3.5mm cable stopped working, and I'm not sure why.