HDMI cable quality does it matter?

Jovan93

Reputable
May 18, 2014
Im buying new monitor tomorow and i will use HDMI port, couse it does not have DVI-D port. Does the cable quality matter? Wanting to buy this one: SHC1010D from Samsung, with this monitor: LG 22M45HQ-B Full HD. What do you thing about the two?

MetalCores

Reputable
Apr 27, 2015
A lot of people will have different opinions on this. It does matter to a point. I have seen some cheap HDMI cables work just fine. I have seen others not work out of the box and some work for a while then just die. Better quality cables seem to last and then you don't have anything to worry about. I wouldn't say you need to go as expensive as monster cables but I wouldn't recommend using the amazon branded ones or dynex ect...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Use an Amazon basics HDMI 2.0 just like that one on my 4K TV, zero issues.

Some of the older ones, probably don't have enough shielding to handle high-speed connections reliably, that is why I steer towards the HDMI 2.0 'capable' cables (just a bloody sticker, most cables will support 4K bandwidth if they are short enough) It is when you add length to cable that shielding becomes more and more important. Say over 50ft you will want to consider a more expensive cable. (Even then you can 2 or 3 for the price of one fancy one)

These are basically just fancy ethernet cables to be perfectly honest.

Jovan93

Reputable
May 18, 2014

i'll check my options tomorow, thanks for reply.

Jovan93

Reputable
May 18, 2014

Thanks guys, i'll see tomorow what can i do. One more question: What HDMI cable to get i noticed that there are more versions like HDMI 2.0 and regular one. I own GTX 760 which one to buy for it? What are you're toughts about the monitor, is it good?