[SOLVED] HDMI connected to GPU or Mother Board?

Sep 4, 2018
Guys, I have a new gaming PC for over a month and I think I connected the monitor to the Motherboard instead of the GPU. There's a port to the right that is at the tip of the GPU, but I'm not sure. Is there any way to do a test or to check physically?

Solution
When looking at the back of your PC, you should see your motherboard connectors (video, USB, audio, etc) all in one place. If you have a discrete graphics card, you’ll see the video ports for that on the PCI panels. Your monitor needs to be connected to one of those in order to utilize the card.

Jwpanz

Honorable
When looking at the back of your PC, you should see your motherboard connectors (video, USB, audio, etc) all in one place. If you have a discrete graphics card, you’ll see the video ports for that on the PCI panels. Your monitor needs to be connected to one of those in order to utilize the card.

Solution

Jwpanz

Honorable
It does matter. If you have a graphics card but you’re not plugged into it then you’re using your integrated GPU on your processor. This will result in crappy performance in games. You need to plug your monitor into your graphics card.

TRENDING THREADS