Question HDMI connection issue

smgangsta

Honorable
Jan 22, 2014
I am facing a an issue, I bought a used HP e240 Elite LCD display , when I connect my cpu PC and lcd via HDMI cable, boot screen comes up , after windows loading screen, the monitor doesn't show any display even when I manually select hdmi as input on monitor, (no signal), then I have to connect through vga cable , then in intel HD graphics control panel , I have to goto the multiple display tab and press the detect button, afterwards I have to switch input source to hdmi via monitor settings , then my monitor is on hdmi.

this is all because of the monitor not having the dvi port that my cpu PC has , currently I dont have any graphics card.
monitor has VGA/HDMI/DISPLAY PORT and my cpu PC has VGA/DVI/HDMI, my hdmi cable is also rusty.

what can be the issue ? I have updated the graphics driver already? is this monitor's fault or windows 10 bug ??

styymy

Commendable
May 22, 2018
What kind of hdmi cable are you using? Do you have other hdmi cables you could use to test connect the video card to the monitor? As long as the hdmi cable is certified hi-speed, the monitor should be able to pick up the video card. If your cable has considerable wear and tear on it, replace it with a new one, monitors can be picky when using older hdmi cables.

TRENDING THREADS