TheRealOGLamp

Reputable
Aug 7, 2017
I have an admittingly dumb question. I googled around and couldn't find an exact definitive answer for peace of mind.

My question is, do all HDMI versions (ex: 1.4, 2.0, 2.1) all fit into the same port? I'm curious because the Xbox Series X comes with an HDMI 2.1, and I was needing to know if I can get the features of 2.1 on my monitor.

The monitor is Sceptre C24 144hz if that helps.

Again, I know it is probably a lame question but I just wanted to know for peace of mind.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
They all fit in the same port, because they're all the same connector.

The monitor you specified comes with a 1.4 HDMI (capable of 60Hz) and 2.0 (capable of 144Hz). Plugging in a 2.0 monitor to a 2.1 does work, but the monitor will not be able to make full use of the 2.1 capabilities. What those capabilities are, I do not know. (You can Google it if you really need to know)

gamerbrehdy

Honorable
Jun 15, 2018

The monitor you specified comes with a 1.4 HDMI (capable of 60Hz) and 2.0 (capable of 144Hz). Plugging in a 2.0 monitor to a 2.1 does work, but the monitor will not be able to make full use of the 2.1 capabilities. What those capabilities are, I do not know. (You can Google it if you really need to know)

Reactions: TheRealOGLamp
Solution

TheRealOGLamp

Reputable
Aug 7, 2017

Thank you!