Question HDMI display no longer works as 2nd monitor.

Oct 12, 2019
I have Windows 10, and use TV as my 2nd display via HDMI. All is well, but I suspect Windows 10 updates may have created an issue because I can no longer see my 2nd screen on TV.

However, Windows detects a 2nd monitor, and the TV shows, 'no signal'. I have swapped cables, used different gaming systems and it seems like the connection on the TV's end is okay. Basically, PC registers a 2nd monitor, but cannot display onto TV. TV says no signal, and to check connection and all that.

Did various swaps, cables, and it seems like it's not a physical connection thing as connection is detected, just that the PC can't generate the display?

I suspect this to be driver related, but have tried to update and auto search for newest drivers, but doesn't yield anything.

I hate how Windows 10 will just update your computer out of sleep mode, and do whatever.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2019
It's weird, when my HDMI is plugged in, the computer detects 2 monitors and, the main display is on TV and it's not showing up. Just a check signal notification on TV. When HDMI is plugged in, TV becomes 1 (but is blank), and monitor is 2, which is the extended.

I updated newest on board graphic driver from Intel.

I think it's a driver related thing. Not sure what else I can do. Is there another cable I should try to connect to TV?

Thanks.

Last edited: