[SOLVED] HDMI/DP Not Working On GTX1060 But Only In One System

audie-tron25

Reputable
Mar 23, 2015
Hi all,

So as the title says, neither my HDMI or DP ports work on my Gigabyte GTX1060 (GTX 1060 WINDFORCE OC 3G). Only the DVI ports work and they operate as expected. I've confirmed the cables and monitors work using an old GTX750ti.

The odd thing is that it actually operates fine in another system (motherboard, CPU, RAM etc).

I've contacted Gigabyte support and they said that I would need to RMA the card. However, given the characteristics of my issue, I'm not sure if they would deny my warranty claim. (It is within the warranty period though)

To attempt to fix the issue:
- I've installed a clean Windows 10 on a separate HDD (I currently have Windows 7 64bit SP2 setup as my main OS)
- Updated the motherboard (Gigabyte H81M-S2PV Rev.2) BIOS to the newest version.
- Made sure the GTX1060 is updated to the newest BIOS version (as well as installing the Nvidia DP1.2 fix)
- Used DDU to reinstall the Nvidia drivers
- Replaced my GTX1060 with a GTX750ti to confirm that the HDMI cables/ports work on the other devices.

A bit more information on the problem:
- HDMI or DP has no output at any point (eg in BIOS, post or Windows)
- Both DVI ports operate as expected (eg display at all times and can be hotplugged without issue)
- I have disconnected all other display outputs (other than the HDMI or DP depending on which is being tested)

I'm a bit stumped on why the GTX750ti works fine while the GTX1060 doesn't (while in my system) so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
audie-tron25 :)

EDIT: Since I only have one monitor with a DP input, I'm ignoring it for the moment. I can't confirm if it actually works unlike HDMI

Solution
Hi guys! I have a very similar problem with my PC on another thread. I've done some more tests on this problem and it's probably not GPU, but the PC, my GPUs HDMI ports started working when I put that GPU in a different PC.

Also no BIOS no nothing, my card only and ONLY works through the DVI output when it's in my main PC

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3884902/hdmi-connection-working-gpu-monitor.html

By the way if you fixed the issue with you GTX 1060, please let us know how you did it, it would be very helpful!

EliotZ

Reputable
Oct 18, 2015
Hi guys! I have a very similar problem with my PC on another thread. I've done some more tests on this problem and it's probably not GPU, but the PC, my GPUs HDMI ports started working when I put that GPU in a different PC.

Also no BIOS no nothing, my card only and ONLY works through the DVI output when it's in my main PC

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/id-3884902/hdmi-connection-working-gpu-monitor.html

By the way if you fixed the issue with you GTX 1060, please let us know how you did it, it would be very helpful!

Solution